Faculty Development supports faculty members in their roles as teachers,
researchers/scholars and administrators/leaders.
Kingston/Thousand Islands: Dr. Matthew Simpson - email@example.com
Belleville/Quinte: Dr. Jessica Ladouceur - firstname.lastname@example.org
Peterborough/Kawartha: Dr. Theresa Robertson - email@example.com
Oshawa/Lakeridge: Dr. Sina Sajed - firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Time: 12:15 p.m – 1:15 p.m.
Location: 115 Clarence St. (Haynes Hall): Main Floor Seminar Room
Topic: Medical Mistakes (McMaster PBSG-ED Module)
Facilitated by: Dr. Matt Simpson
This session will help clinical teachers:
- Explain the strategies used to promote adaptive responses by learners when errors occur.
- Recognize the importance of creating a culture of safety by modelling and developing a supportive environment for reporting mistakes.
- Identify strategies for learners to develop a plan of action to reduce the risk of future errors.
This group learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Queen's University for up to 1 Mainpro+ credit.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, February 28, 2020
- CFPC Fundamental Teaching Activity Framework and other Teachers’ Resources
- Queen's Faculty of Health Sciences' Continuing Professional Development and Faculty Development
- Problem Based Small Group Learning modules – Education (available from Faculty Development Site Leads – see above)
- Dr. Ingrid Harle has been named Director, Faculty Development for Queen's Health Sciences
- Welcome to Dr. Ruzica Jokic, Assistant Dean, Distributed Medical Education, Queen's Health Sciences