Welcome to the The Queen’s Family Health Team (QFHT) – Belleville-Quinte Site. While providing the most current, evidence-based care, we recognize and respect each patient’s individual needs, values and perspectives. We encourage our patients’ participation and engagement in their care, and offer programs and services that empower them to take control of their health.
Online Appointment Booking
Patients can now book an appointment with their physician using our new online appointment booking system. Please use this system if you wish to book an in-person appointment with your physician.
Most people with COVID-19 symptoms just need to self-isolate and rest, drink plenty of fluids and take analgesics such acetaminophen (as needed) for headaches, fevers or muscle aches.
Paxlovid is used to treat adults who have mild to moderate COVID symptoms and are at high risk of worsening to severe illness, where they might require hospitalization. Depending on your age, health, and vaccination status (see below*), it could be an option for you. Use this provincial screening tool https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-treatment-screener/ to see if you might benefit from Paxlovid or other treatments.
If you qualify for treatment based on the above screening tool and have COVID-19 symptoms (even if mild), call your physician’s office right away. Do not wait for your symptoms to become severe: treatment must be started within five days of your first symptoms. We can help determine next steps.
Call 911 or go to the Emergency Department if you have severe symptoms, such as: you are short of breath while resting or if you are finding it harder and harder to breathe, have severe chest pain, are feeling confused or losing consciousness.
You may be at higher risk if you are:
- over 18 years old and have a weakened immune system due to a health condition or medications
- over 70 years old (regardless of vaccination status)
- over 60 years old with fewer than three vaccine doses
- over 18 years old with fewer than three vaccine doses and at least one of these risk conditions:
- heart disease
- congestive heart failure
- chronic respiratory disease (including cystic fibrosis)
- cerebral palsy
- intellectual or developmental disabilities
- sickle cell disease
- moderate or severe kidney disease
- moderate or severe liver disease
- pregnant and unvaccinated.
We are always here for you and will ensure you get the care you need, when you need it.