In addition to our award-winning core residency program, Queen’s is proud to offer a variety of supplementary curriculum experiences tailored to the needs of practice in military settings for residents who are members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
The Queen’s program for military residents is unique in Canada. We provide experiences that have been developed through our long history of training MOTP and MMTP residents, as well as some of our faculty members’ unique experiences and relationships with the CAF. We also work in close collaboration with serving medical officers to adapt our curriculum.
Adapted experiences include:
- Expanded psychiatry/mental health experience in care of active military members and their families, and veterans
- Customized experience in trauma medicine
- Core exposure to orthopedics, sports medicine, and ICU
- Resident project opportunities through the Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research at Queen’s University
- Elective opportunities at both CFB Trenton and CFB Kingston
Read more about this program, with quotes from a few of our graduates, in our Military Residency Brochure.