Your Privacy Matters
Uses and Disclosure of Personal Health Information
- Provide health care to you
- Collect payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer, etc.)
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations
- Conduct risk management and quality-improvement activities
- Conduct research and compile statistics
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
Protecting Your Health Information
The Queen’s Family Health Team takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal health information from unauthorized collection, use and disclosure. Physical, administrative and technical safeguards have been put in place to protect this information.
You have a right to access and/or request corrections to your personal health record in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act. You also have a right to request that some or all of the record not be disclosed without specific consent.
To find out more about how to access your records, or to discuss a concern about your personal health information, please contact Clinic Manager Diane Cross or Privacy Officer Vicky Garrah at the Queen’s Family Health Team.