Interpretation & Translation Services
Communication between care providers and their patients is of the utmost importance. The language barrier between Canadian practitioners and their refugee patients can lead to frustrations, misdiagnoses and improper care. There are a variety of translation and interpretation services available in the KFL&A area that can help ease the communication between you and your newcomer patients.
- Affordable translation services for the Eastern Ontario region (from Belleville to Cornwall and includes the following cities/counties/towns: Almonte, Arnprior, Carleton Place, Cornwall, Lanark County, L’ Originale, Ottawa, Pakenham, Pembroke, Perth, Smith Falls and Kingston)
- FREE translation services are available in situations involving victims of violence, including refugees (coming from refugee camps) proven to be survivors of war and trauma and who have been in Canada for less than one year
- Spoken language interpretation is available in over 60 languages on site, via telephone or written translations
- To book an appointment for translation (in person, telephone, etc.), click here.
- This organization, a division of the Quinte Immigration Services, has its headquarters in Belleville, Ontario
- Provides translation and interpretation services for a variety of fields, including the health sector
- All translators and interpreters working for CEOTIS are certified by the ATIO (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario)
- There are also two drop-off locations in Kingston for documents that need to be translated, and one in Belleville
- These free, secure online tools have been developed to allow patients to complete a full history and mental health screening in Arabic or Armenian
- Results are automatically translated to English for health-care providers to review and add to the patient record
- Collecting this information in the patient's first language can help ensure a more complete and accurate history is collected, including concerns around sensitive issues such as mental health
- FREE on-line information for health-care providers translated from English to Arabic, click here.
- Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages, click here.