Residents may apply to do an elective in St. Lucia at St. Judes Hospital. There may or may not be a focus on paediatrics. Please note that there is a substantial paperwork requirement that must be submitted beforehand due to the regulations governed by the St. Lucia Medical Council. All documents must be ready to submit 12 weeks in advance (no exceptions) along with your International Elective Form and Safety Planning Record to the office of the Program Director.
- Notarized copies of first/basic medical qualification
- Notarized copy of postgraduate qualification
- Copy of current license to practice medicine
- Completed and notarized Forms A and B for medical registration
- Certificate of good standing from current or most recent registration body
- Curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters from recent professional colleagues
- Police clearance or good conduct certificate
- Proficiency in English Language (if applicable for natives of non-English speaking countries)
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Medical Staff Application
St Lucia is an elective rotation for PGY-2 or PGY-3.