- There are many possible locations for rotation placements, both within Kingston and in smaller communities in the region. Refer to the specialty rotations page for more information
- All KTI residents begin with Bootcamp in Kingston before being split into two Cohorts (A & B)
- Following Bootcamp, Cohort A will start on Core Family Medicine, Cohort B will start on an off-service rotation. These Cohorts will switch places every two blocks, taking turns in Core Family Medicine.
- PGY2 Community Family Medicine can be combined into an extened placement, or divided up into two or three community experiences. There are also options to combine PGY2 Family Medicine with two of psychiatry, emergency medicine, or palliative care in an extended 8-9 month placement.
Sample PGY1 Core Family Medicine Horizontal Schedule
- Green boxes (Asthma and INR) refer to 'Horizontal' Clinic placements. Refer to the PGY1 Core FM Rotations page for more information
- '1/2 Day' refers to a resident-directed half-day of protected time
- LTC is a half-day in a local long-term-care facility, Providence Manor